The IMO Resolution MSC.215 (82) - (PSPC) related to the corrosion prevention systems of the ballast tanks, requires a careful selection of the protective coatings, assiduous inspections of the paintworks during the ship construction and then the periodic inspection of the coating during the whole ship’s life.
IMC provides this service with professional and qualified engineers in order to assist the client in the selection of the paint system, in the definition of the technical specification, in the relationships with the yard and classification society, in the inspection during all steps of the construction and in the preparation of the Coating Technical File.
During the ship’s service the IMC engineers are able to carry out the following activities:
- Inspection of the tanks both in harbour and at sea to assess the conditions of the coating
- Evaluation of the extension and the seriousness of the detected defects
- Samples collection for in house laboratory analyses
- Preparation of detailed reports on the coating conditions of the ship’s areas
- Preparation of technical specifications and procedures for the repair of the defects
Further IMC provides consulting services and technical assistance of certified and qualified coating inspectors during:
- Construction, conversion and transformation of any ship
- Cargo Tank coating
- Ballast Tank coating
- Drydocking works
- Periodic maintenance